Friday, January 15, 2010

Obligation

So I haven't been blogging because for whatever reason I felt obligated to blog about my time at home. And here's the thing. My time at home was lovely, beautiful, and relaxing. It was also strange, eye-opening, and sad. I had so many conflicting and powerful emotional responses. I lived my time at home. And then I came back home to Budapest, because I don't feel that it is contradictory in any way to list both as home, and I had no desire to blog about home.

I wanted to blog about other things. I just didn't want to blog about home. But I felt like I owed it to my home to write a beautiful, deep, and moving entry about it. So I didn't blog about anything else. And every time someone asked me about home I found that I was incapable of doing anything beyond sighing and evading the question.

And then today I realized that my time at home was exactly that. It's mine. I'm going to be greedy with it because, frankly, I don't want to share it. It's my time, and that's all. Sorry guys.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Very deep.

I wish you were still here. I loved having you here more than I can describe.

Glad Mo came home.

I love and miss ya, Dad XOXOX

Anonymous said...

Love and miss you very much. Sorry you had to ride your bike in such cold weather Be careful Had a nice time with you when you were home. Can't wait to see you again. Love XOXOXI