Sunday, March 13, 2011

February in Spain

I must admit that February was pretty uneventful for me.  I spent the first weekend in delightful Casablanca and the last weekend in Canterbury visiting Lyla, but the weeks in between were spent primarily on school work and school planning.  I was also sick and missed a few days of work with an ear infection and simultaneous sinus infection in the second week of February.  There were also some difficult moments at school, though I am mostly over them now.  The weather was bitter cold, with several freak snowstorms where I walked out of the house to discover several inches of snow had fallen overnight.  There were also a few beautiful clear days, where the snow sitting on rooftops made a gorgeous contrast to the icy-blue sky.

There was a 1920s themed party the next weekend which I attempted to attend but which, depressingly enough, resulted in my falling asleep in the spare room around midnight and waking up just in time to take over-partied people home.  The following weekend I had a house guest, a friend of a friend, and actually managed to get some cooking done.  That was exciting.  I do miss cooking a lot... I barely have time for more than a quick soup or pasta dish nowadays, and primarily exist off of the school lunch plus salads and sandwiches.  

jamon serrano and queso manchego
my home-made paella
a rare clear day in February

No comments: