Thursday, August 28, 2008

I eat peaches with Barack Obama, what have you done lately?

Happy Birthday to me!

Funny story: so the word for peach in Hungarian is barack. So this small town has gotten together and decided to send him 250 kilos of homemade peach jam and 10 L of peach palinka. This makes me giggle.

Also, a quote from the Hungarian program director: "But the email keeps blocking me, maybe it thinks I am a spam."

Went out last night for the bday celebrations. It was fun, just some palinka and a few beers, as well as the farewell dinner earlier in the evening. Where I had another platter of assorted meats.

My people are here to pick me up and take me to my flat, so I must go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Hope the palinka was good. Fingers are crossed for the apartment. Love and Miss you, MOM xo0o0x

Ashley said...

Happy birthday roommate!!!

I hope that you are enjoying everything so far! I'm back to work and apparently do not have a class of hostile children this year , which is good :P

Welcome to age 22. Hopefully your 22nd did not end up like min, lol.

Love Ash

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, LL! Wish you were here. Hope you are having a blast and enjoying the pickling way of life.

Hope that apartment is making you happy. Sounds nice, if small. Remember you will not be there that much, anyway.

I love ya and Happy Birthday!

Dad xoxo

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it back ok. Love grandma XO