Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Klaipeda, Lithuania

Today I took a ferry across the small stretch of water seperating the town from the Curonian spit. There I swam in the (quite cool) waters of the Baltic Sea and lay on its soft sand. It was a women-only beach, and therefore everyone was in a very natural state. I'll leave it to you to guess whether I acted native or not. :)

Afterwards Lyla and I ate pizza and half-heartedly wandered the lovely old town of the city, before heading back home to our hostel.

We are happy, only slightly pink, covered in strange insect bites, and just a little bit weary! Tonight will be a quiet night in before heading to the capital, Vilnius, tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the beach. Any shells? Love and miss you, Mom ox0ox

Anonymous said...

Hi I miss the beach but do no go to one anymore because can't stand sun. Bet you went native because you have some of me in you and I would go native. Love and miss you Grandma XO

Dad said...

Again, OMG

Have fun. Miss you! Love, Dad xoxo