Thursday, July 2, 2009

six weeks of adventure

So my family was here for two weeks. We saw almost all of Budapest, plus Eger and Szentendre. It was quite an adventure. I'm sad that they are gone.

Now, though, I get to travel throughout Eastern Europe for six weeks. I'm sure that blog posting will be spotty but I will try to be digilent.


In less than 12 hours I will be on a train to Vienna to catch a flight to Tallinn. We are then coming down through Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, the Ukraine, and Romania to return to Budapest in time for one week of relaxation before heading back to work.


And what does one bring for six weeks in six countries? Well, I have the following, which all fits nicely into my little hiking backpack:


2 travel books

1 book

my Hungarian stuff

my embroidery stuff

Ipod and cables

camera and cables

various toiletries, which all fit into one small toiletry sack

flip flops, walking sandals, sneakers

1 pair jeans

2 pair shorts

1 skirt

some tshirts

some tanktops

2 long sleeve tshirts

2 cardigans

1 going out top

1 pair pj shorts

sleeping sheet, blanket, sarong, towel

inflatable neck pillow

some makeup

random other stuff: a flashlight, a padlock, a water bottle, etc.


Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauren Glad your family was good for you and that you enjoyed being with them. Hope you have a wonderful time traveling in the next 6 weeks I envy you. Please be careful but enjoyenjoy. Write when you can take lots of pictures so you can post them later. love and miss you Love Grandma XO