Tuesday, September 22, 2009

freedom

So way back in the spring I bought myself two wheels worth of freedom. Now I can't seem to quit the thing. With the exception of last week when I was sneezing every three minutes and coughing up a storm, I've been trying to ride my bike pretty much everywhere. For one thing, it takes the same amount of time, or less, to ride it as to take public transit. For another, I feel good about myself knowing that I've gotten some exercise in and maybe even worked up a bit of a sweat. Mostly, though, it's just a really pleasant experience.

I ride to and from school primarily on bike paths along the river. The sun sparkles on the water, the breeze brushes my cheeks, birds sing. It's a great way to start the day or head home. I just feel so free with the wind in my face.

3 comments:

Mom said...

You almost quoted an Irish blessing. It is a great feeling to quit pedaling and just coast with the wind on your face. Love ya, MOM o0xo0x0

Val said...

I've read that Budapest isn't so great for cycling. Is this true?

Lauren said...

Well, it's not the best city for biking. There aren't a whole ton of bike paths. The drivers are pretty considerate though, for the most part.