Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oh my goodness, winter!

Last week all of Budapest got to enjoy some beautiful fall weather. It was cool, but sunny, with a slight breeze... perfect "sweater weather." Then Saturday was gray and rainy, but Sunday was back to being lovely.

Yesterday, winter came. Yesterday, the weather dropped fifteen degrees, the sun disappeared from the sky, and rain fell in waves (onto me, on my bicycle). Today the rain was happily gone, but it was replaced with enough wind to crash the branches of the trees outside the school into the windows loud enough that the little kids shrieked. And it was cold! Really really cold.

Obstinately, I will continue to wear my fall coat. I'm getting more than 3 wears out of it, common sense be damned.

3 comments:

JonClark said...

Nénik be damned! Wear the hell outta that coat Lauren!

Anonymous said...

Hi honey Very cold here too. Only 3 years for a coat. Your grandfather has one I don"t even remember how old it is. I have a jacket from when you lived in NY state It is an Eddie Bauer one. Still good. Hope the rain stops. We are supposed to maybe get snow flurries Saturday.I hate winter. Love and miss you Won"t be long and you will be here but only for a short time Love Grandma XO

Your MOM said...

34 out today. It is the weather that you just want to stay in bed. I am so looking forward to sleeping in on Friday with warm poodles and shepherds. Happy Fall. Love and miss you, MOM o0xo0x