Monday, October 19, 2009

Baseball in Budapest

Or in Szentendre at least. That's right, this weekend Lyla and I headed up to Szentendre with our friend/colleague Anna to watch a baseball game. There's a competitive men's league and two of the better teams were playing. It was the fastest game of baseball I've ever seen and we only got rained on for the last few minutes of the game. It was a lot of fun to be in this bizarre situation, as Hungarians shouted things like "Ket out-os vagyunk!" (literal translation: We're two out-ey!)

Sunday was dedicated to such important fall activities as baking macaroni and cheese and laying on the couch for excessive amounts of time while watching cooking shows on youtube. It was, in a word, awesome.

Tonight were parent teacher conferences, to which many parents actually came. In between I kibitzed with Balint about lessons plans and general nonsense. It was, as always, rather cozy and pleasant. Then I got to bike home in the dark (reflective vest and lights on) and enjoy the view along the river and the solidarity of the city streets in the evening.

2 comments:

Your Mom said...

Glad you enjoyed your package. I love the skelatons. Per Dad Halloween in the 2nd most celebrated holiday next to Christmas. Are you having a Halloween Party? Enjoy Spain. I love and miss you so! Love, Mom xo0xo0

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the game of baseball. As I said when you move back come live with me so you can cook for us. Enjoy Spain be careful Love and miss you Grandma XOXO