Thursday, December 17, 2009

I particularly like where they claim Vitamin C.

Hungarians are very proud people; one of the ways this is commonly manifested is through a desire to claim everything as being invented by Hungarians, or at least people of Hungarian descent. I've always wanted to somehow explain this to my non-Hungarian readers (aka, my parents and grandma). Happily, this video does it for me, with a very catchy song that I highly enjoy as an added bonus! So enjoy while Hungary claims to have invented everything from the ballpoint pen (actually true) to Vitamin C (dubious).

http://www.bbr.hu/hirek/115/Uj_imidzsfilm_budapestrol

5 comments:

laopan said...

Hehe, we didn't claim the nuclear bomb in this one. Blowing up all these nice people and cityscape in a digital mushroom cloud just wouldn't send the right message to potential investors, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Well, Albert Szent-Györgyi actually got the nobel price for discovery of vitamin C (and some metabolism related to it) in 1937 so considering that swedes think it was hungarian, it sounds quite likely to be true...

Val said...

That was so hilarious. I kept expecting it to say "oxygen-1687". Though I did look up all of them and the only one I couldn't find any mention to Hungarians was the helicopter.

Anonymous said...

Thought that was cute. glad I am joined with your parents. See you soon almost time Love and miss you XO

Anonymous said...

Lauren I could not open that site sorry Love Grandma XO