Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pennsylvania

I made it to my parents' house safe and sound, and without even any real incident beyond a slight rush in Newark. My bags made it as well, with my painted egg being the only tragedy of the trip.  My clothes are already in my closet, my toiletries are in the medicine cabinet, my laundry in the hamper.  I fell asleep at ten and woke up at six, to a snuffling doggy nose, which is a bit on the early side but ok.  I'm settled and feeling alright.  Nevertheless, it's a little bit strange to be here.  I suspect it will be.

While I was walking through the airport in Frankfurt, I heard a buzzing sound and looked around for a TV that would be playing yesterday's Germany-Argentina match.  Suddenly I had to laugh at myself... the buzzing was coming from the moving sidewalk.  Not all that buzzes is a vuvuzela.

No comments: