Saturday, July 3, 2010

Szia, Magyarország!

I'm sitting in Magda's lovely flat, watching Viva in an attempt to tire myself out for my transatlantic flight tomorrow.  It appears to be all-magyar music hour, which seems about right.  My bags are sitting by the door, ready to be ferried downstairs in the morning.  Bálint is coming to the airport to help me since I have more bags than hands.  Last night Magda, Lyla, and I went out dancing, making a great effort to dance like the craziest, drunkest people on the floor despite being, without doubt, the most sober.  It was insanely fun.  I'm going to miss crazy Central European dancing.  I'm going to miss sitting in gardens with my friends, drinking a fröccs and speaking Hunglish... we went tonight to watch the match and say goodbye.

I hope that everything goes off without a hitch tomorrow, and that I arrive on time and with my luggage.  It would be a great help.

This is, incidentally, my 200th blog post.  I came here almost two years ago, but it seems simultaneously like two months and twenty years.  What a difference two years makes.

Akkor, elbúcsúzom a Magyarországnak.  Találkozunk majd ujra... mindent köszönöm.

No comments: