Sunday, December 12, 2010

Visit to Budapest

Afonyas Kardinal, Somloi Galuska, tejes kave
Lyla and I taking a cab home Saturday night
Hero's Square, naturally
This dog was walking around the park with his owner, a balloon tied to him that read "Original GPS."
all refreshed after the baths
at the airport
My visit to Budapest was awesome.  I saw my friends, played in the snow, ate pastries and stuffed cabbage, drank mulled wine, and went to the baths.  I talked for hours and generally felt very content with life.  Of course, I was only there for two short days and that wasn't nearly time enough.  I was very sad to leave.  It was as if I had a little taste of an old life that I loved and then I had to go back to the one that I currently lead.  Which don't get me wrong, it's quite nice.  But I don't quite love it.

What is it about Budapest?  I wish I knew or that I could put it into words.  But I can't quite phrase it.  It's just sort of right.  I was so happy to visit it and see all my friends (and Lyla in from England as well) again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

those deserts look great to me glad you had a good time even though it was short have fun at home and study hard see you soon love grandma xoxo

Your Mom said...

The food looked great. I cannot wait to see you. Love, Mom xoo0x

Maria said...

Hello,

I recently compiled a list of the Top 50 Blogs for those interested in teaching abroad, and I just
wanted to let you know that you made the list! We are promoting the list to college students looking to
learn more about teaching or living in a foreign culture. The list is published online at
http://www.onlinedegrees.org/top-50-blogs-for-those-interested-in-teaching-abroad/

Thanks so much, and if you think your audience would find useful
information in the list or on the site, please feel free to share the
link. You can also use the button we've created for the
list, which I can e-mail you. We always appreciate a link
back as we're trying to increase readership.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Maria

Unknown said...

I was blog hopping and saw the food! Wowsers!!! Now I wish tothis stop to my foreign travels as well. Be safe!

Martha said...

Hi! I just found your blog yesterday and have thoroughly enjoyed reading about Hungary and Spain. Nagyon o:ru:lo:k, hogy O:nnek a blogja't tala'ltam meg. Magyarorsza'gro'l e's Spanyolorsza'gro'l tudtam olvasni. Tavaly augusztus 20-a'n Budapesten voltam, e's az hiszem, hogy a GPS kutya't la'ttam a Duna mellett. Last year I was in Budapest on August 20, and I believe that I saw the dog with the GPS balloon beside the Danube. Ko:szo:no:m sze'pen! Thank you very much! Muchas gracias!