Sunday, November 30, 2008

A nice weekend

In bullet points!

*Going to teach my American accent class on Friday, and essentially winding up explaining, for around an hour, the American college/university system and why American girls don't like it when boys approach us, touch our face, and tell us we are as beautiful as the night sky.

*Sweet text messages meant to make me feel better.

*Bowling. Breaking 100 doing so. And, of course, the sentence "Mi kerunk... bowling???" (We want... bowling?)

*Saw "Burn After Reading," paying only 950 forint to do so, and giggled the whole time.

*Duck breast salad, eggs with gyulai kolbasz, and nagyi palacsinta.

*One of the most interesting array of museum exhibits ever in the Museum of Applied Arts.

*Translated jokes and a giggly Hungarian.

*"Two tongue sticking outs," the most awesome (and literal) reply I think I've ever received.

*No (thus far) visible facebook evidence of ridiculousness. Win.

*Cut Bence's little toenails, which he took like a total man... no wiggling, biting, nothing. Which is especially impressive as it turns out he's totally a she. Ooops.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Loved your weekend Really like to read your blog Love Grandma XO

Anonymous said...

Bensita? Did you get me one of those fabulous plates in the photo. I want to go there when I come. The food table looked great. I sure do love and miss you. See you in less than 3 weeks. Love, MOM x0oo0xo0

Anonymous said...

HI LL, Glad all is going so well and the rodent is tough. I'm in FL now. 75 degrees. nice. See you soon!! Love, Dad, xoxox

Anonymous said...

i loooooooooove reading your blog! :) It always makes me smile and laugh! I miss you lots!
love&beer,
melissa

Anonymous said...

BIG! Over the past few days i've been thinking about you. I got a new computer so I had lost your blog. I miss you, a lot!

It seems that you're making your way over there in that foreign country! ;)

I was in Massachusetts for a month and a half for work. ... bugs, bugs, bugs! It was a lot of fun, actually. I got to save up some money! But I realized that I don't like cities... they broke into my gov't car and stole my gps :(

I moved into a new house with a 27 year old who works in the navy. She's in the middle of a divorce. It's a steal really, it's a great place with a fenced in back yard. I'm getting a puppy after Christmas!

Don't worry its not a Chinese Crested.... but a BOXER! I'll send a link to a pic or two once I figure out which one i'm getting.

Things are going well. I hope you are doing well and having a great time! What is your address????

LOVE YOU! I MISS YOU SO MUCH!
<3 Little