Friday, November 28, 2008

Vignette

The scene: our flat. Lyla and I are awake, propped up in bed, drinking water and slowly chewing on rolls.

Me: It must have been the bubbly.
Lyla: Well, we did drink a lot of the bubbly.
Me: I know. I had a big gulp of champagne. *hangs head in shame*
Lyla:... um, we had two bottles.
Me: No.
Lyla: Yes. I went to get the second one. Adam laughed at us.
Me: *realization dawns* Oh god. That's right. I sent you to fetch it. I think I even used the word "fetch." My bad. Oh god.
Lyla: Yeah, cause ours was pink.
Me: Gergo's was pink too... oh god, no, it wasn't.
Lyla: I know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sounded like you were having that kind of night when i talked to you. Glad you had fun!
Missed you at dinner.
Love, Dad XOXO

Cyndie said...

aw, i miss you guys... sounds like a lot of mornings in our apartment :)
also, I use the word 'bittar' in my head ALL THE TIME.
hope your thanksgiving was great!

Anonymous said...

Lauren Missed you glad you had fun last night hope head is okay We had a good time Love Grandma XO

Anonymous said...

I think you and Lyla are very lucky to have each other. I miss you. Love and Kisses, MOM o0xo0x