Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oh, beautiful

I am in America, and this makes me happy in many ways. For one, everyone is smiling at me and nobody looks at me like I'm a crazy person when I make eye contact and naturally smile at strangers. For another, I can understand the conversations around me. For yet another, I have now ridden in cars and sang along with the radio on multiple occasions in the past two days! Another: I did laundry and then dried the clothes in 30 minutes thanks to the magic of a clothes drying machine! Another: a giant refrigerator. Another: cheap bookstores! And most importantly of all: family, and friends, and dogs.

I can't stop chattering on about Hungary, of course.

I saw my big today for the first time since her wedding in the summer of 2007. She's pregnant... she'll be a mom in April. This is bizarre and a bit terrifying for me.

I have also come to the sad, yet happy, realization that no man will ever, ever love me as much as my mother does. I get home, and she stays up late with me, then the next morning runs me a bath, gives me a book (in Spanish!), and some of my favorite cava, then takes me to a lovely spa day. This spa day was paid for by my very generous father, so I guess no body will ever love me as much as my parents do. Lucky lucky me. :)

Now off to attempt to cook gulyasleves for Rocco.

No comments: