Tuesday, February 10, 2009

POODILE?!?!?!!!

I am listening to the new album by La oreja de van Gogh, with their new singer. It is weird to hear what is distinctively La oreja music with a different voice attached to it. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Yes, I know this last paragraph made sense to absolutely nobody beyond me.

I spent this weekend chilling here in Budapest. It was Margie's birthday, so we celebrated that with Mexican food, coffees, and cake. It was a great time. Then on Sunday there was a mangalica festival, celebrating the low-in-cholesterol hairy Hungarian pigs and their delicious pork products. There is one picture that I absolutely must share with you. It actually made me and my whole group stop and stare.

Ginger? Definitely her hoofed cousin.


The weather is schizo right now, beautiful and sunny one moment and snowing the next. It is nice, at least, to have a break from the rain and a little bit of sun.

The school week is flying by. It definitely helps that they seemingly randomly decided to give us Thursday and Friday off, so tomorrow is Friday for me! I plan on doing something very relaxing and fun on Thursday; I just haven't decided what yet. I have to do my afternoon job on Friday, and then it's off to Koszeg for a lovely Valentines weekend with many of the CETP girls.

I had my first private Hungarian lesson today and it was super. We did verbs. I love conjugating stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you so much. Love, MOM o0xx

Anonymous said...

How could you eat something that looks like Ginger? Enjoy you visit to Hungary's Jewel Box, it looks beautiful. Enjoy the castle and museum. We are going to Hockey for V-Day.Yah! Love ya, MOM o0xo0x

Anonymous said...

Lauren HAPPY VALENTINES DAY> Sent you a card by real mail. Aunt Franny had her operation Wed. on her thyroid she is doing good. That picture looked just like Ginger. Enjoyed the story Love and miss you Love Grandma XOXO