Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snow

Oh, my goodness. Yesterday, there was maybe an inch of snow. This morning, I woke up and Budapest was a snow-covered, heavenly paradise. Which means that I walked to work with my arms outspread to prevent falling, but it was so beautiful.

Interesting fact: Hungarians, if they bother to salt sidewalks, do so with table salt. Not rock salt. Table salt.

Today was my last formal Hungarian lesson, and I am not going back. Rather, I have two private lessons per week lined up with a lovely Hungarian teacher. In two weeks, she has taught me proper conjugations and the past tense. I think this is fantastic, as I was becoming rather bored with the slow pace of the formal lessons. I will miss the social environment, for sure, but as many of my fellow students and I have actually become friends, I know that we will keep in touch.

Also! My housebrother from Spain, Julian, is coming to visit me this weekend! I'm super psyched.

Also! I survived my day without Balint perfectly well. The kids were angels. Their test results were very mixed, however. 2C rocked it, 2B basically bombed it. Which is funny since they both receive the same teaching. So strange.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snowing here, too. Roads were terrible and a big crash on the road in front of Andy's.

I tried the table salt thing but ran out.

Don't fall (you know why I say that) and teach them the art of snowmen.

Love ya, Dad xoxo

Ashley said...

Julian is visiting??? so jealous. Please fulfill my request of you. lol.