Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hot Toddy

When feeling under the weather in Central Europe, there are a few accepted solutions.  One is to stay home for work for days and days.  I don't like this option, because it seems rather extreme for a baby head cold.  Plus, I get bored.  Another option is vitamin C tablets.  I do like this option, because I can buy the alkaselzer type ones that you drop into your water, thus turning it into a fizzy orange drink.

Tonight, though, the hot toddy won out.  It's a cool night, my ear is full and my tummy is a bit upset, and there's some stress going on as well.  So:

one bag lemon-ginger tea
one tea holder filled with fennel seed and mint
one smashed clove garlic

Pour hot water over these, and let seep.  Remove the materials and add some honey and lemon juice.  Finish off with a healthy splash of Polish vodka.

My preferred method here is to take my Nyquil with the hot toddy.  And then set two alarms.

1 comment:

LL's said...

Sounnds good. They do work. Feel better. Love and miss you, Mom 0xoo0xox