Saturday, April 11, 2009

In Greece

I promise I will update with actual detail, and pictures, once arriving back to Budapest. Just throwing some thoughts at you now: consider this the outline for the essay yet to come.

I'm happy. My skin is tight from the sun. My allergies are insanely bad, but I am enjoying the deliciously orange-blossom-scented pollen of death, at the least. Yesterday we went to Hydra Island, an hour and forty minutes away by Flying Dolphin (hydrofoil). There are no cars, only donkeys and stray cats. It was beautiful. Today we went to the Archaelogy Museum, and looked at old things for four hours, culminating it by walking briskly, frustrated and hungry, through an ENTIRE SECOND FLOOR full of vases. Then we found Asian food. Noodles! Noodles! And crab wontons! Then we ate really expensive baklava and baba, dripping in sweet honey-rum-syrup. Then we found our friend-of-friend, Stefano, and were fed... so many good things. I am fat with deliciousness, and tired from the sun, and a little bit high off allergy medication.

Lyla just commented that "Asian" up there needs a capital A. "Does it?" I asked, confused. She sighed, and responded, despondently, "... It's English."

Yes, life is good.

4 comments:

Dad said...

Yes, life is good and I know you love the baklava. Happy Easter and have a blast there for the rest of the trip.

Jealousy and Love, Dad xoxo

Anonymous said...

Lauren Glad you are enjoying Greece. Sorry about your alergies Like your dad I am jealous. Be careful and enjoy Love and miss you HAPPY EASTER Love Grandma XOXO

Mom said...

Happy Easter. I love and miss you so much. Love, MOM o0xo0x

CS said...

I can't wait to see pictures and hear stories!!!