I haven't been blogging, I know. What I have been doing since last week's post...
*attending a meeting of expats, where I lost miserably at table soccer and learned new party tricks
*attending a second meeting of expats, where I learned about the Hungarian political system... sort of
*finding a new flat to live in, starting in July! It's huge and central, and imagining how I will decorate it makes me irrationally happy.
*making jello shots. Thanks mom! (Lyla just chimed in with "Thanks Cyndi!... She was instrumental in introducing half a dozen Hungarians to the jello shot.")
* walking the streets of Budapest with large glasses of sangria
* pub hopping with Lyla and a Singaporean boy
* running around town with a pair of Greeks, some very lovely people
* visiting the House of Terror, an impossibly depressing and very atmospheric museum dedicated to the horribleness of Nazis and early Communists in Hungary... for FREE cause I'm a teacher!
* seeing an excellent Mucha exhibit and an interesting Moreau exhibit at the fine arts museum
* walking most of Andrassy ut
* acquiring a new private student, Orsi
* taking a four hour nap yesterday afternoon after only three hours of sleep on Monday night... oops!
* discovering that Bencelita is no longer afraid of the floor, and can run around freely to her heart's content... only to be lured back by the sweet smell of salami
* putting grades into the naplo and elenorzos for the first time without any mistakes
* getting into actual conversations with colleagues and strangers
* dancing and practically skipping in the middle of the sidewalk, inspired by the sudden sunshinyness and beauty permeating the Hungarian sky, and, thus, my heart