Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kids are cute, and yay!

Today my children were labelling pictures of faces with numbers that corresponded to words in English. 1, for example, was nose, and they all wrote a 1 on the face's nose. So forth. I was checking Máté's paper, and all was in order.

"But where is number 7, Máté? Where is cheek?"

Máté scoffed at me, and pointed to his paper. Sure enough, at the bottom of his page was a number 7, and drawn next to it? A chicken.

I laughed, face down on the table, until my eyes watered and my sides hurt. Like a good sport, Máté laughed along with me.

And now, I'm off to Istanbul for what is possibly going to be the best, and the most insane, weekend ever. Three days off work, three nights in Istanbul... yes, I'm flying home Monday morning before work! My hostel, though, looks at this, which I think will make it all worth it. :)

3 comments:

Dad said...

Have an awesome time. PLease put sunscreen on your chick and the rest of your face.

Yay for Lila and her job. Very glad the dynamic duo will still be together!

Love, Dad xoxo

Anonymous said...

Lauren Have fun use sunscreen and be careful. Glad Lila got her job. Boy some job but someone has to do it. Love Grandma XO

Anonymous said...

Only went to the airport in Turkey. We were not alowed out side. Big difference. Have a great time1 Love and miss you, MOM xo00ox