Sunday, May 24, 2009

Etyek Wine Fest, take 2

So, guys, remember this? http://laureninbudapest.blogspot.com/2008/09/so-briggi-said-lets-go-to-wine-fest.html

Because this was one equally awesome and lovely, even if it included a slightly more eventful ride home. The Csibi family once again warmly welcomed us into their cellar for obscene amounts of tasty wine and interesting things spread on bread. We wandered the town a little more, and ate giant potato pancakes covered in sour cream, and knew enough about Torley champagne to impress the seller with our choices, if not with our Hungarian. I also tried one wine that included herbs: there was definitely pepper and probably cardamom. Unfortunately the maker of that one didn't speak any English so I couldn't really ask him. My Hungarian doesn't really extend to discussing the bouquet of wine, sadly, though Jenny did get a huge kick out of my declaration that a certain pinot noir was "a very young red." We wound up falling to sleep very early indeed, pretty much as soon as we arrived home at around nine.

It also seems to be our weekend for horrible movies. Because Xmen: Wolverine was just laughably awful. I've never seen characters walk away dramatically from quite that many explosions. The effects could have been done by a fly walking on a blackberry. Then Lyla and I decided to download Twilight to see what all the fuss was about, and Briggi and we got a huge kick out of mocking the sparkly vampires therein. Both were ridiculous. Do not watch them. They are foul.

In other very exciting news that I know you are all dying to read, we have given Bencelita a hair cut to help her cope with the hot weather. Basically, I took nail scissors to her belly to somewhat remove it of its hair so she can breathe a little better. It looks like it was done via weed whacker, and feels like the softest crushed velvet.

And thanks, Mom, for the maple syrup. Lyla, Briggi and I spent a good hour in the kitchen this morning, making and eating pancakes one at a time. They were delicious and we were happy for them. Then we baked really banging scones. Mmm.

Tomorrow I have a long day at work, then Lyla and I are going with Mate to Kerepesi. It should be fun. After that I'm heading out to pick up my bike and ride it home from Buda. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauren So the wine waS good. glad you enjoyed it. be careful riding your bike remember first time only do a little and then increase it. Send picture of your pet with his new haircut. dying to see him. Have you moved yet? Love and miss you Grandma XO