Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers' Day!


Happy Mothers' Day to you, Mom. Who birthed me, raised me, puts up with my insisting on living halfway around the world. Who decorates the house for every little insignificant holiday with as much joy as she does for Christmas. Who still sends her grown daughter care packages. Whom my students know as "the present lady." Who takes care of everyone around her, sometimes whether they want it or not!
You're a great woman, Mom. I miss you and I love you. I can't wait to see you very soon!
Happy Mothers' Day also to my grandmothers, and to every single other amazing, life-giving, life-affirming woman out there. You are all amazing!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I love you! oxo0x0 Love, Mom xo0x

Dad said...

Nice post, LL! Mom misses you a ton and this made her feel very special. Proud of you, as always!!

Love Dad xoxo