Monday, November 16, 2009

a new notebook

When I was little, one of my favorite things was school shopping. I loved few things more than school, and even fewer more than school supplies. I would spend an absurd amount of time picking out the perfect trapper keeper, the necessary Lisa Frank folders, the right type of pencil. I'm sure I drove my mother insane. There's just something about a new notebook though. Maybe it's the promise of all those empty pages, or maybe it's the perverse thrill of getting to put my own marks all over this pristine thing. Regardless, I still love school supplies. I have far too many pens, I tell others that I buy stickers only for my students but really love their shiny shapes myself, and I own a broad collection of notebooks. Notebooks for Hungarian, for work, for lists, to practice Spanish. All half-sized, all precious to me.

Today I bought a new notebook. It's full sized, graph paper. On the front is a Keith Harris drawing of two people holding a heart. And this notebook, oh, it's important. Because this is the notebook I will use to prepare for the Intermediate Hungarian Language Exam that I will take in the beginning of June.

Incidentally, has anyone seen any Lisa Frank designs lately? Seriously, google it. It's enough to break my heart. Everything has gigantic eyes, and the children have breasts. Gah!

GAH!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

It is colorful still. Times have changed. Think of what you had on your covers. On my covers when I got them-not-they didn't exist with pictures. They came in different solid colors. LOL! Love and miss you, Mom xo0o0x