Friday, March 5, 2010

Relaxing?

I have been ordered to relax and heal. And healing I most certainly am... I ate oatmeal today! I also ate soup, and was rewarded with only moderate nausea after both. I may still be sleeping 10 hours, topped with 4 hour naps, and be a little loopy and strange, but I am definitely healing. I was too queasy to head across town for my Hungarian lesson today, but did manage to teach a private lesson, which was totally disjointed and weird, but luckily to an old student who I think found my inability to function oddly charming.

Relaxing, on the other hand, is proving a lot more difficult. I have taught Bencelita to chase things. I did some Hungarian homework. I am totally up-to-date on all possible theories regarding Lost's latest developments. I cooked said soup. I downloaded some movies. I read a book. I've started writing my much-dreamed-about cookbook. I edited a bunch of photos. I've done an insane amount of general putzing around. Yet I am twitchy, and itchy to get back to my life, to see people and do some contributing to society.

And... now what do I do? Monday is still a long way away, even if tomorrow I do have the great excitement of going back to the doctor, this time with the ability to function, and even a private lesson to look forward to tomorrow. I don't know how much more relaxing I can handle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better Love and miss you I looked at all your pictures on facebook they were nice You are so lucky to be doing so much traveling. Take care of yourself and get better Loveand miss you XOXO