Sunday, September 19, 2010

Communists?

Update: I got home last night on the night bus without any issues.  Granted, I caught the 1:30 AM bus, which means I could get to the bus on the metro still.  I think I'll have to either leave Madrid by 1:30 or stay with friends in the future.

So last night I went with some friends to a free concert.  It was Ojos de Brujo, a flamenco/funk group that I like a lot, and one of our other friends had found out about the concert through a friend.  So we took the trek out to far eastern Madrid, excited for the music.  The concert was very fun and the people running the event were lovely, talking with us and giving us more drink than we had paid for.  Little old ladies came up and danced flamenco in our crowd.  The vibe was great.

Except, of course, that the concert actually took place at a communist rally.  Now, Spanish communists are hardly scary people.  But this now marks the third time in my life that I've been told about a free concert and wound up at a communist rally, gaping slightly at the speeches, fist pumps, and songs that precede the concert.

And now, I have to do homework.  Ick.

1 comment:

L's Mom said...

What a great w/e you had. LOL At least you are safe. Have a great week. Love and miss you, Mom