Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fresh Air

Today I went for a jog (yeah, let's see how long that lasts...) through my little pueblito as the evening was beginning to fall.  I trotted through neighborhoods for a little bit before I came across the park.  No, The Park.  Because it deserves capital letters.  It is big and full of grassy paths and trees.  It overlooks the valley, and the monastery and then the mountains loom over it.  It is beautiful, and full of Spanish families and random bits of old architecture.  So I trotted a bit more there, and then played football with some of my school's sixth graders who recognized me for a few minutes, and jogged around some more.  I walked home from the park thighs burning, sweaty, pink, and feeling awesome.

Dear The Park: I think I may have a bit of a crush on you.  Want to hang out?

3 comments:

The Park said...

No thanks, I am in a relationship already with a weasel

Mom said...

Sounds great. Picnics are seen in the future. Love you,Mom xo0o0x

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun enjoy the park love and kisses grandma xo