Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dashed hopes

So yesterday I turned in my history paper, which was certainly a huge relief!  On the metro ride after class, we were chatting about assignments and someone mentioned that our thesis has to be in Arial 12.  Everyone was very excited by this news since Arial is such a big font.  I got all excited that my 20-odd typed pages that I last worked on before Spring Break would suddenly be 25-30 pages.  Free writing!  This would tip me over to the half-way point.

When I got home I happily booted up my computer to change the paper to Arial.  There was just one problem.  I'd apparently seen that note before, because the paper was already typed in Arial 12.  I'd just forgotten.

I was devastated.

2 comments:

Christie said...

aw. what a downer.

when's it due??

Lauren said...

June 1st. Tragically enough, we're all so overworked I think I'm one of the ones that is furthest along!