Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thesis

Well, I have laryngitis, so that got me two days home sick.  And that has resulted in lots of naps, which has sort of ruined my sleep cycle, though probably no more so than I already do every weekend anyway.

And on a positive note, it's let me work a ton on my thesis.  Which is sort of drawing to a close.  That is, I have all my factual information written down, more or less, and now it's time to just write my ten pages or so of analysis and I'm done.  Luckily, this analysis is on various aspects of my topic, not all on the same thing.  So it's actually like 3 pages of analysis on how the issues in second language education can apply to third language acquisition, plus 3 pages on how the different methods used in L2 can apply to L3, and then five or so pages of recommendations and general analysis.

Though I must say that writing a sixty-page paper is just a daunting thing.  I've been working on it off and on (though mostly off) for months, so I've sort of forgotten what it is exactly that I've already written.  Nevertheless, it's almost done.  I'm going to be so happy to be out of this desk chair.

2 comments:

LL's Mom said...

Feel better soon. Love and miss you, Mom xo0o0xo0x

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better You are almost done miss you and love you xoxoxo