Sunday, May 1, 2011

Procrastination

Quick question: What is the best way to get Lauren to blog, clean her flat, or cook elaborate meals?  The answer, of course, is to have her stay home ostensibly writing essays.

Actually, the essay-writing is going quite well and I'm almost done with the history one, hooray.  Now, when I write essays, I like to have the TV on in the background to provide noise and a bit of a distraction for quick breaks.  One of my favorite shows for this purpose is QI, a British show where a bunch of people sit around and share esoteric bits of information and tell jokes.  I'm sure it sounds awful to most, but I just love it.  It's also perfect for essay writing, because it makes me feel smarter and because I can watch it in one minute bits with no problem.

Anyway, QI recently did a bit on Hungary and it's delightful.  You can watch it in the below-embedded youtube clip, from minutes 2 through 9.  Secret Hungarian readers, make sure to check out Stephen Fry's saying "magyar" at 8:20 or so.  Incidentally enough, my dad also collected stamps as a kid and also got a bunch of Hungarian stamps, though he just assumed that Magyarorszag was some sort of African nation!

No comments: