Friday, April 23, 2010

You're prescribing me what?

Well, yesterday I headed back to the doctor for my yearly physical. He checked me out and discovered that everything was mostly fine, but did recommend that I try to get more exercise, etc. etc. I sort of blinked at him and then explained that I ride my bike about 100 km a week. At that statement he ordered some blood work for me, so I look forward to going through that procedure in Hungarian and finding out the results.

So I walked out of the doctor's office with four prescription notes for various blood tests and some allergy meds, but I was really upset to not get a note for the fifth thing my doctor prescribed me. Because my doctor's fifth prescription? Sex.

"I find you to have a... unfulfilled vagina. Not enough the estrogen. You must have more the sex. Much more the sex," he explained in his lovely English.
I boggled at him. "Sex?"
"Yes! The sex it is very important for the women, especially the young women. Stronger your bones, stronger your muscles, happier your face. No wrinkles, thin!"
I laughed incredulously. "Are you prescribing me sex?"
"Prescribing?"
"Yes, um... a recept?"
"Seriously! Yes! Yes! The sex is healthy for the womens too! Why such shamefulness feel the womens about the sex? Have it! Stronger bones. Much much much the sex!"
"Well... could you write that on the prescription pad?" I asked, laughing.
"You cannot buy the sex at the pharmacy!" he scoffed.

And that was that. And I am really bummed out to not have a prescription note with "szex" written on it now.

7 comments:

Dad said...

Ignore that doctor!!

Anonymous said...

Tell that doctor to go where the sun don"t shine Love you XO

Christie said...

awesome! teenagers around the world would trade lives with you in an instant... or at least steal your doctor's note.

and lol at your parents' comments!

stronger your bones, stronger your muscles, happier your face. it's true!!! hahahaha, thanks for the laugh :D

Lauren said...

Sadly, Christie, I don't have a note. I'd frame it. :)

And parents: chill. It's funny. Because it's absurd.

Your Laughing Mom said...

It made me laugh. Dad mentioned something about it. If it made you thin and not have wrinkles everyone women would have there legs in the air several times a day. LOL a lot. You do realize this was a male dr. LOL. He actually kept a straight face. LOL. Wait till I tell the people at work. I sure do love and miss you. Love, Mom oxox0o A happy V-c-sections for all my friends.LOL

Mom said...

PS: I did not put the comment under Dad. Must of been Grandma P. Love, MOM oxo0x0o

Anonymous said...

The Hungarians aren't the only ones! Maybe they're onto something:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36785836/ns/health-sexual_health/?gt1=43001