Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mom's visit

Mom in one of San Lorenzo's plazas
Last week, my mom came to visit me.  She came from Wednesday to Monday, and I must admit that we did pretty much nothing.  Well, that's not entirely true.  We did eat Italian food, two menu-del-dias, tapas, fondue, paella, pizza, more Italian food, tons of bread and chorizo, pounds of olives, and a few bottles of wine.  We also visited the monastery, walked in the park, got massages, played cards, and went to El Rastro street market.  Mom even came to school with me and charmed all my students, as well as scolded me for not drawing her hair right on my quick sketch of a family tree in my fifth-grade lesson!  Mom also charmed Mr. Yoichi cat, bringing him little toy mice to destroy and constantly rinsing out his bowls.  It was a very nice, very relaxing visit and I hope that every time Mom looks at the giant copper chicken she bought she remembers San Lorenzo and is happy.

Yoichi stalks the toy mice, which we tried to hide on the top shelf.
Do I look like I gained 2 kilos in 5 days?  Because I definitely did.

2 comments:

LL's happy Mom said...

It was one of the best vacations I have ever had. Thanks for letting me relax. Love and miss you, Mom o0xo0xo0

Anonymous said...

Your mom looks so relaxed She really needed that Glad you 2 had a ggod time love grandma xoxoxo